On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 04:22:51PM +0100, Felix Schulte wrote:

> Is anyone building the kernel with Studio 11? I am having serious

No one who expects it to work is doing so.  Use the specifically
provided Studio 10 compiler; others are either known not to work
(Studio 11) or have not been tested (random patches).

The onnv C-team is working to switch to Studio 11.  An announcement
will be made when this happens.  Until then, use the recommended
compiler or be prepared to fix compile-time and runtime errors on your
own.

In some cases, using a different compiler may expose legitimate bugs
in ON code.  We found many instances like this when porting to gcc.
If you think you've found such a bug, please file it!  It's much
better to fix it now than to find it later after distributors have
shipped broken bits to their customers.

--
Keith M Wesolowski              "Sir, we're surrounded!"
Solaris Kernel Team             "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"