On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 02:47:26PM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Sanjay Nadkarni wrote:
> >I will back this up from the request sponser POV.  In my case an RPE
> >engineer had already fixed the bug and putback into Nevada.  However we
> >don't require people to update the "fixed" in bugster.  The fixed,
> >committed and integrated fields get updated only when the build closes.
>
> That seems broken, but I suppose that's my non-ON point of view, coming
> from consolidations where the engineer marks the bug "fix available" when
> they submit the fix for code review and "integrated" when they putback to
> the master gate.   Perhaps ON needs to reconsider how it uses the fields.
> (Of course, having the bugs.o.o website show "Fix in progress" for anything
>  from "Bug filed, but being ignored" to "Fixed but not yet integrated" makes
>  this doubly hard for external contributors.)

  ON has always followed used a system where "Fix Available"/FIX means
  that the fix has been put back, and "Fix Delivered"/INT means that it
  has been integrated into the WOS.  Unfortunately, the mail you get
  after putting back is rather flaccidly worded:

    The gatekeeper will mark these bugids "8-Fix Available" and "10-Fix
    Delivered" in Bugster as soon as the gate has been delivered to the
    WOS.  However, you can mark them "8-Fix Available" (but not "10-Fix
    Delivered") now if you wish.

  Perhaps we should strengthen this and make it a requirement.

  Dave