> I'm using tcsh as my primary shell and have been
> using it for many,
> many years.

Me too, for at least ten years now. I couldn't imagine working without the
Tenex C-shell.

> The C-shell like shells are extremely unsuitable for
> scripting;
> you will easily find some writeups on why such shells
> should be
> avoided for scripting.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call them "extremely unsuitable"; I've written
a good deal of scripts in csh and never ran into any problems; however, I was
careful to avoid potential pitfalls and strived to keep it simple and scalable.

I do admit that when I script, I tend to default to /bin/ksh. Or even avoid all
of that altogether and write pure `awk` code (#!/usr/bin/nawk -f -).