On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 06:53:57PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If you can tell me exactly what it entails, I'd be happy to take on
> tcsh as it is my shell of choice.

It's pretty straightforward -- you download the new tarball, check it into
the sfw workspace (in usr/src/cmd/tcsh), remove the old one, tweak the
makefile to see the new version, possibly tweak the build rules if they
need changing, make sure that the files detailing what's in the source are
updated, change the packaging as necessary, do a build, and do some testing
to make sure it isn't too broken.

Some of the steps are annoying and could be mechanized, but aren't, for
whatever reason.

> >Of course, the short answer is that all shells but zsh suck and you should
> >use that instead.  ;-)
>
> What, you use zsh?  I bet you like pictures of naked dogs too!

Mmmmmmmmm, dogs.

Danek