Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
On 4/20/06, Jim Grisanzio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Great ideas for OpenSolaris participation in the Google Summer of Code,
guys. The list of participating organizations at Google's site is
growing, but so far OpenSolaris is not approved yet. I think we need one
page to list all these project ideas to show Google what we have to
offer (many organizations are doing this).

Ben opened a page on the Genunix wiki:
http://www.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/Summer_of_Code

I put up some content and a basic structure (follow the structure or
dump it for a better one :) ... it's just a start) and some placeholders
for more projects and ideas.

[I'm currently at Google in the OSPO office which is running SoC.]

Google has not received any Summer of Code mentor org applications
from OpenSolaris.  Who sent the email application to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Do we know when it was sent?

(We have seen applications for Nexenta and Genesi.)

Applications close on Monday, but it's very tight as is at this late date.

Thanks, Justin. My understanding is that Simon Phipps has applied for Sun's projects and that he's been interacting with Google. I've cc'd him here.

Jim