On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 11:40 -0800, ovidiu nastai wrote:
> > I noticed a different address space layout for an app (i.e. vi) on
> > different platforms (see below). is ELF allowing for what I notice on
> > T1000/T2000 platforms (.text segment "split") and 2 extra "anon" pages?
> > may I know the rationale behind (i.e. is that machine-specific)?

The answer becomes evident if you use "pmap -s" instead of "pmap" to
display the address spaces.

The T1000/T2000 make significant use of larger pages; different
platforms have different policies for page size selection, and this can
cause segment "breakage" when the segment is not an even multiple of the
larger page size.