Joerg Schilling writes:
> James Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Joerg Schilling writes:
> > > - Which programs from SAM FS have name clashes?
> > >
> > > - What do you intend to do in order to solve the problem
> >
> > I'm confused.  Are we discussing whether the proposal to create a
> > project for SAM-QFS is an appropriate and well-defined OpenSolaris
> > project, or are we doing an architectural or code review on the
> > command names?
>
> Well, as there have been other things that have been "forgotten"
> in this area, I now point people to potential conflicts as early as possible
> ;-)
>
> Once the methods for aproving projects and architectural reviews are known
> to work without problems, this may of course be changed....

I still don't see why it needs to be discussed on opensolaris-discuss.
It doesn't really seem related to determining whether or not this is a
reasonable project proposal.

As for knowing whether architectural reviews work "without problems,"
I frankly don't know what you mean, or how such a thing could ever be
guaranteed as long as humans are involved in the process.