Joerg Schilling wrote:
James Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, as there have been other things that have been "forgotten"
in this area, I now point people to potential conflicts as early as possible ;-)

Once the methods for aproving projects and architectural reviews are known
to work without problems, this may of course be changed....
I still don't see why it needs to be discussed on opensolaris-discuss.
It doesn't really seem related to determining whether or not this is a
reasonable project proposal.

This would fit into opensolaris-code, but this list seems to be rarely used.

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/opensolaris-code/2007-April/thread.html

says otherwise, with 183 messages in the past month.

As for knowing whether architectural reviews work "without problems,"
I frankly don't know what you mean, or how such a thing could ever be
guaranteed as long as humans are involved in the process.

Things could be better than they are now and I hope that the process in general will become more mature. We are currently starting the first projects that are run by a people from inside and outside of Sun. This will bring in new
experiences and show up where problems are and how friction loss may be avoided.

We've had projects run by people inside and outside of Sun for a while now.

-steve

--
stephen lau // [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development