Alan DuBoff wrote:
I found it very odd and have said so repeatedly before. This was brought up when the previous OGB had to step in and name Garrett D'Amore, Masayuki Murayama, and Juergen Keil as core contributors because the Device Drivers
community had failed to do so:
  http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=103808

I find it odd also. In fact, I think it shows a reluctance to work with the community at large, in the way it was handled. If you ever wonder why folks don't feel comfortable, this type of situation doesn't give most the warm fuzzies.

So why is the Device Drivers community reluctant to work with the community
at large?

Of course, Device Drivers seems like a valid community, so the OGB is more
likely to agree to a proposal to establish a valid set of Contributors to
run it than to shut it down - but for now, there is no one who can claim to speak for the Device Drivers community or vote to take action on it's behalf.

I would do it without asking anyone in the community also, that's the way to do it...yeah, that's the way...

You certainly have the option to make such a proposal to the OGB without
involving the rest of the community, but we'd be more likely to accept
one that came from a group of people that appeared to represent the
community, not just you.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]