I saw this comment below and thought I would respond:

The reason Blastwave has its own GNOME binary set was
due to historical events. Blastwave was the forerunner
of building newer versions of GNOME for Solaris before
OpenSolaris existed. No other major ISV was doing this
for Sun Solaris on a consistent basis.

Also, common practice of good ISVs is to never modify
the libraries provided by the OS vendor. You either
use what they give you or build your own set if newer
than the existing set. If you look carefully at the
Blastwave GNOME binary set, we usually have newer
STABLE versions than ANY official release of Sun JDS.
We also have a test policy in place to test those
binaries before submission to the unstable branch. So
you usually get some pre-tested patches with
maintainer support (disclaimer: we are not perfect!).

Also, Blastwave supports OFFICIALLY and FULLY
SUPPORTED released versions of Sun Solaris.
Technically, there is no Solaris 5.11 officially
released (i.e. GA/RR/non-beta/alpha) yet but we
provided limited support.

If you have further questions, please talk to the
Blastwave staff members. There is a lot more going on
than you realize.

Ken

---->
And last time I checked, Blastwave does not provide
packages for SunOS
5.11, the install script checks agains 5.8, 5.9 and
5.10, and blastwave
choose to carry independent GNOME libraries to
minimize platform
dependency, however, in the case of neveda codebase,
these libraries become
redundant.
(Ivan)