On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 07:30:42PM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

> Hmm... but I *can* imagine bounties for development effort being
> offered.  As well as SoC type sponsorships.  Those kinds of effort are
> very useful, and cost far far less than actually hiring a well paid
> engineer.

There are places people can already go to do this.  It doesn't need to
be sponsored by the OGB, just as a company doesn't need the OGB's
blessing to hire someone to work on OpenSolaris.  This all seems much
ado about nothing.  If you want to post a bounty for something, go
ahead and do it.  We could also, I suppose, kill this thread and go
write code ourselves.  Maybe that's too radical a way to get work
done, though.

--
Keith M Wesolowski              "Sir, we're surrounded!"
FishWorks                       "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"