On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:12:18AM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:

> If some outside organization wished to donate anything substantial to the
> project, they would contact Sun directly about this issue.

Why?  Sun isn't equipped to accept donations, either; it's a
for-profit corporation.  Nor does Sun own or control the OpenSolaris
community; the Charter and Constitution make that very clear.  If
someone wanted to enter into a business arrangement with Sun, they'd
contact Sun.  If they wanted to donate something to the OpenSolaris
community as a whole, they don't really have anywhere to go,
especially if whatever they want to do can't be considered part of the
cost of running their own business.

--
Keith M Wesolowski              "Sir, we're surrounded!"
FishWorks                       "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"