>Dear users, I found this USB controller available -=20
>http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/peripherals/usb/vt6212/ - and it's
>really cheap (less than US$ 10,00), so I'm planning buy this one and
>test OpenSolaris with it.
>
>The "problem" is that I have an old Pentium II and its motherboard do
>not have any USB port. OpenSolaris boots up, but when I have to choose
>the language, the keyboard is not available.
>
>And here goes the question, does anyone know if this controller (with
>the Via chipset) works fine with OpenSolaris?

It works but it isn't one of the best; I bought a similar VIA controller
in order to add a Scroll Mouse to my Ultra 10.  We needed to port
the uhci driver to SPARC but after doing that, it worked fine for
mice.

There were some issues with USB 2.0 support and flash drives.

You can use it for your keyboard BUT only after Solaris has loaded the
USB keyboard driver.

Casper