[EMAIL PROTECTED] escribió:
>> Dear users, I found this USB controller available -=20
>> http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/peripherals/usb/vt6212/ - and it's
>> really cheap (less than US$ 10,00), so I'm planning buy this one and
>> test OpenSolaris with it.
>>
>> The "problem" is that I have an old Pentium II and its motherboard do
>> not have any USB port. OpenSolaris boots up, but when I have to choose
>> the language, the keyboard is not available.
>>
>> And here goes the question, does anyone know if this controller (with
>> the Via chipset) works fine with OpenSolaris?
>

> It works but it isn't one of the best; I bought a similar VIA controller
> in order to add a Scroll Mouse to my Ultra 10.  We needed to port
> the uhci driver to SPARC but after doing that, it worked fine for
> mice.
>
> There were some issues with USB 2.0 support and flash drives.
>
> You can use it for your keyboard BUT only after Solaris has loaded the
> USB keyboard driver.
>
> Casper

Ok, I think I could get it as a positive answer! :)

Right now, I am not in front of this computer, but I remember (and I'm
almost sure) that OpenSolaris asks me for a language after it loaded the
USB driver.

Let's try this option and see what happens!

Greetings.
--
Miguel Da Silva
Unidad de Recursos Informáticos