C. Bergström wrote:
> Shawn Walker wrote:
>> C. Bergström wrote:
>>
>> If have no idea why you think you can't do all of that using
>> opensolaris.org, but good luck.
> I emailed about having the ml created here and was told I needed to
> start a project.
>
> I read the instructions at [1] and in all honestly probably should have
> used opensolaris.org infra, but either way we'll be self hosting in the
> near future.  A leader from the Perl community who has shown interest in
> our project thankfully set it up within minutes.  I can think of reasons
> why not use opensolaris.org || sun.com , but maybe there's some reason I
> should that I missed?

There are a number of community groups here that would be more than
happy to sponsor such a project, but you may not be aware that we
already have a group of people working hard to ensure that the barriers
to contribution are low, and that the process goes as quickly as possible.

I would invite you to share your concerns with John Sonnenschein as he
is one of the members of that team working to ensure community
contributions happen quickly and efficiently.  Discussing your concerns
and project goals with him will either help you discover where your
goals overlap or give you an opportunity to work with the team he is on
to help the community.

Ultimately, I think the best reason to not set up another mailing list
or website somewhere else is to avoid the fragmentation of community
efforts.  However, this is an open project, so you are completely free
to pursue your own dreams and goals as you desire to.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker