Thanks so much for the update and info.  Yes, after the reboot my daily
notification and download went away.  I am just used to the way the Ubuntu does
the update notice and then the notice that a reboot is needed.  I don't think I
have noticed Ubuntu giving the the same package over and over if I haven't
rebooted.  So maybe going forward IPS will be able to determine if the
patch/download has already been completed before attempting to download it
again.

So far the things are going smoothly for me in 2009/06 other than this issue I
mentioned in this thread.  I just need to get some time now to play with some
zones, zfs, and virtualbox out some environments in containers.  I can hardly
wait to try out these new toys.

OpenSolaris is breathing new life into Solaris so I am excited to see what
comes next.  Thanks again.

Longsnowsm