Jürgen Keil wrote:
I can't say with certainty, but from my own experience, it is very tolerant of hardware changes.
Are you saying that you can boot from the same root filesystem as you used in the other system?

With zfs boot / root it sometimes works: when the boot / root disk
can be found by devid.  In cases the open by devid does not
work you have to boot from installation media (or failsafe kernel)
and zpool import the root pool.

My experience is different; you can boot failsafe but you need to
rebuild /etc/path_to_inst and change /dev/*, rename the hostname.*
files, etc.

The hostname.* issue can be avoided by using nwam
(default in OpenSolaris / Indiana).

And since I was running OpenSolaris 2008.11 (well, a more recent build of it than that slighty) I had both a zfs root and I was using nwam, so ...

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker