Igor Korot wrote:
Thanks guys.
2swa: I am actually looking for the C++ IDE that can work with the C++ compiler
and debugger. AFAIK, NetBeans is for the JAVA development...

BTW what is the name of the debugger under OpenSolaris? It's not gdb, right?

The Sun Studio compiler package provides a C++ ide ('sunstudio') which is based on NetBeans, and you can use 'gdb' for debugging (or 'dbx' which is part of Sun Studio).

To install sunstudioexpress, along with several development packages you'll likely want, just execute this command:

pfexec pkg install ss-dev

Please note that this download is very large.

If you wish to use gcc for C++ development instead, then you could install 'gcc-dev' (for gcc v3) or 'gcc-dev-4' (for gcc v4). I believe you can also use gcc with the Sun Studio IDE, although it has been some time since I tried that.

Finally, recent versions of NetBeans can do C++ just fine, as well as older versions with the appropriate plugins or updates.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker