On 03/31/10 14:05, Karel Gardas wrote:
ZFS data corruption test by researchers:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/wind/Publications/zfs-corruptio
n-fast10.pdf

Interesting paper. The only problem with it is that ZFS is filesystem and not
memory-protection vehicle. If you need memory protection use ECC or more
advanced ECC.

Karel

I find their implicit assumption that filesystem code should
expect memory to be flaky to be quite dubious.  I am tempted
to point out that ZFS doesn't also protect against CPU induced
errors or coding errors on the part of the application developer.

- Bart

--
Bart Smaalders                  Solaris Kernel Performance
bart.smaald...@oracle.com       http://blogs.sun.com/barts