I was under the impression Open Solaris was the free version of Solaris. The
one where the community helps develop future releases of Solaris, and Solaris
was the commercial product that cost money to obtain.
Just went to the website and it says I can have Solaris 10 free?
So if I'm not a developer or programmer and don't want to be, Maybe I and
others like me should get Solaris 10 a finished product.behind the completed??
Official release of Open Solaris is at version 2009.06 with 2010.03 on doorstep.
So why is the open version
But will it have native support for all the drivers needed for the majority of
factory built laptops?
Guess we will find out!  I am going to download it and install it today.