-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Prudhvi Krishna Surapaneni <p...@nullpointer.in>
An: opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org
Gesendet: 2.5.'10,  6:52

  Just saying "What did the community do?" is not the right way to go.

Why not?

You could start OpenSolaris UserGroups, and talking publicly to many people about the advantages
you get from using OpenSolaris.. You could do "viral marketing efforts" to promote
OpenSolaris. You could help the "other software" stacks to be used on OpenSolaris by
helping packaging them in using source Juicr. You could help others with their questions on
forum.sun.com or the various mailing lists. You could run it daily and publicly on your laptips,
and produce stickers to put on the front side of the laptop, so it's obvious to everybody, that
there's a benefit in running and using it. I once even got asked by a security guy at an airport,
once he saw my solaris sticker, and had a fruitful discussion with him, which also attracted
passers-by...

There are way more ways to "help" OpenSolaris than "only" and "directly" submitting code
to the "core" parts of it.

Think about it. It's not all and only a "task" of Oracle to promote or publicly
and officially stating things.

We all do form the community and every single one of us can help spread the
word in many ways!

Only asking for public and re-assuring statements from Oracle is simply not
enough!

Matthias