On 05/ 6/10 02:46 PM, Shawn Walker wrote:
On 05/ 5/10 06:56 PM, Jim Mills wrote:
Thanks, Alan.

I was hoping to find a link where I can download individual packages. The repo on a stick sounds like a good idea but it's really not what I want. I need about 20 packages installed (locally) and have been able to download about 25% of what I need with the remaining 75% just out of reach.

Also, I looked in /var/pkg/download and found a whole lot of directories and files with hex names, nothing close to a package file.

The /var/pkg/pkg directory didn't have what I was hoping to find either.

The same with /var/sadm/pkg.

I'd much prefer downloading just the package files I'm looking for. It would be great if something existed like pkg.opensolaris.org/pub/all-packages.

No on-disk format yet exists for pkg(5). However, you can use pkgrecv to retrieve specific packages into your own local repository which you can then install packages from.

Can this be combined with an update to ache the packages downloaded?

--
Ian.