On 08.06.2010 08:53, Thommy M. Malmström wrote:
>>> And the FUD continues...
>>>
>>> Opensolaris is on the product map for sure as the
>> OP
>>> pointed out...:-D
>>

>> where is it on this list without havig to click on
>> any thing else like openoffice.org, i don't have to
>> click on anything else to find openoffice.org:
>
> Give it up, will you? We've heard you know and you've been proved wrong, so
> just stop FUDing.

So ... Because he's pointing out that something is missing from the
list, and because somebody can make all sorts of excuses (if you go into
the details of one of the sublinks, it's still there), something that
more and more seem like wishful thinking, he's spreading fud?

I agreed, around Easter, on the "let's wait and see" approach. Now that
we have waited, what are we seeing? References to internal build
numbers, no longer available outside Oracle? OpenSolaris not listed
among the projects? (No, that it's buried in the details is _NOT_ listed!)

Or are we seeing the OpenSolaris release we were expecting, around 3
months ago?

That patience among people is wearing razor thin is NOT surprising. What
IS surprising is the lengths some people on the lists are going to, to
excuse Oracle's behavior in this satire-on-communication-skills.

Like a lot of people, I _SERIOUSLY_ hope the growing skepticism is
unfounded, but my previous encounters with Larry's people, is not helping...

//Svein

--
--------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | sv...@d80.iso100.no
        |                   | sv...@stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listm...@stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |sv...@jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
         If you really are in a hurry, mail me at
               svein-mob...@stillbilde.net
 This mailbox goes directly to my cellphone and is checked
        even when I'm not in front of my computer.
                     Picture Gallery:
          https://gallery.stillbilde.net/v/svein/