> SUN also had (not sure if they still do, but I'd
> think yes) Dynamic System Domains which are isolated
> hard partitions.

Both LDOMs and Dynamic System Domains are hardware
features of (some, but not all) hardware systems (of which
AFAIK none has both).  Those using T1, T2, T2+ (etc) processors
can offer LDOMs, because they have CPU support plus firmware
that offers hypervisor capabilities.  Dynamic System Domains
are quite different: they would be on a system with a programmable
crossbar switch as a back(or center)plane, and with multiple system
boards connected to it.  In that case, there would be some sort
of more or less intelligent system controller (either a separate
workstation back on the E10k, or components running a special purpose
OS on the 6x00, or components running Solaris plus SMS software on
the E[12]5k, for example) that could program the centerplane
crossbar switches to physically divide the frame into separate
systems, each with its own system board(s) and I/O board(s).
For example, one might put testing and production on the same
frame, with more resources for production; and when the version
under test was ready to be the new production version, transfer
most of the resources (including the I/O boards connecting to the
data disks perhaps) to the other domain.  I hear that the newer
Mx000 series systems made by Fujitsu also have something like
Dynamic System Domains, but I've not yet gotten my hands on one of
those.