Let the thing RIP.

Oracle can't make money pouring millions into something they give away for
free.  Many formerly free SUN products are now revenue producing products for
Oracle.

Even if they do release a new OpenSolaris, who would install it when updates
likely wouldn't be available unless you want to follow development?  Solaris
updates aren't free anymore, nor is Solaris.  Think the profits of Solaris are
going to support OpenSolaris?  I don't believe Ellison is that illogical in his
business decisions.

I'm sure Solaris will have a good and prosperous life under Oracle, but to
continue wishing and hoping for something that is clearly put out to pasture to
spring back to life is not living in a technical world of reality.