to mister harvey

I work at neither company, but I am a great fan of Solaris, since about 2005
when Solaris 10 debuted. But what I don't like is the little bait and switch
that happened with the oracle buyout and the subsequent treatment of the
community members of the "open source initiative" that we got overblown with
while under the other helm.

Kinda reminds me of a smack dealer with the friendly face and the hey don't
worry about it attitude that when he gets what he needs (here it is community
support) he changes his attitude and wants something for his time.

Do you really think people contribute to these kinds of projects/communities
for truly altruistic reasons? That would be severely naive, most people are
hoping to use or touch the product that they are helping with not to be closed
off/jerked off for months waiting to see what they created.

 Yeah there is a paid for version but just because oracle doesn't want to
cannibalize their cash crop does not justify this kind of treatment. If they
are that paranoid or tight just bring the whole damn thing in house and take
the black eye from the community. Just quit jerking us off.