> From: opensolaris-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:opensolaris-
> discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Gary
>
> "little things like FreeBSD"
>
> You continue to make exaggerated and unsubstantiated claims such as
> "it's free open source so you can't expect it to be supported or
> perfect."  All the while, Apache, Sendmail, Postfix, Squid, Nagios,

Nothing is perfect.  You can't expect anything free or commercial to be
perfect.  But if you have a support contract and something goes wrong, you
can demand that they address your issue.  Unlike a free product ... If
something goes wrong, you have to dig into it yourself, and if you manage to
find the cause of the problem, you can't demand anybody to fix it for you.
You just hope they will, when and if they feel like it.

That's the point of a commercial support contract.

To be supported is the opposite of being free.  They're mutually exclusive.

> Now you go on to yet again disparage FreeBSD.

I don't disparage FreeBSD.  I love FreeBSD.  I said Netapp would not pursue
lawsuit against "little things like FreeBSD" because they are little
compared to Sun, Oracle, or Apple, as far as lawsuit target is concerned.
Netapp would not bother suing them, because it would not be worth the legal
fees.