> From: opensolaris-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:opensolaris-
> discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of me
>
> About time someone put him in his place!!!!!!!
>
> Very much a shill!!!!! or a dreamer with a fantasy complex!!!!!

Wow.  Coming from the guy who wrote

> Have a "Stand Down Day" and use it to re-educate your employees on Code
> of Conduct, Ethics, Values, Company Policy,  Etc.
>
> Maybe this will cool some heads in this forum and help to alleviate
> some temperaments.
>
> I can see that both sides need a cool off period and a little less
> bashing of the heads.

hehehe.  Anyway.  I've been thinking about what I said that was so offensive
to Svein and "anonymous me"  All I can think of is ...

Yes, I think commercial support and commercial products are useful.  Yes, if
you run a business on servers, I think it is professional best practice to
have support contracts on those systems.

I think of opensolaris as a free product, which oracle develops primarily
for commercial benefit of server and solaris platforms.  I recommend sol10
with paid support for professionals in production.  For business purposes
rather than home hobbying.

I think opensolaris is designed to be a server product, not a desktop or
laptop product; although, I acknowledge not everyone thinks the same, and
that's just a subjective point of view.  I think there are other OSes that
are better, in every circumstance, to use as a desktop interface.

I love solaris, and I pay for it.  I love the support that I get from my
support contract.  I think the price is competitive with other professional
server OSes, and the support that I get on solaris is far better than the
support I get on RHEL or MS or Apple server products.