* Mike DeMarco (mikej...@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Intent is to run a format as root to find out why when I go to do the install
> it crashes when looking for disks.
>

> From the install on the CD It does not give me the option of choosing
> UFS/ZFS. I can find no way to create a raidZ filesystem spread across
> my 6 sata drives. Everything I have tried so far to get it to start
> the install has crashed in looking for Harddrive. I have been able to
> install into a VirtualBox VM.

Right, so you won't get an option to use UFS or ZFS.  It's ZFS or
nothing in OpenSolaris.  You also can't install onto a raidz (or any
other zfs configuration other than a single vdev).  You can create a
mirrored vdev after your initial installation but you won't get asked
about that during installation you'll have to set it up after install
(search google, it's quite easy to do).  ZFS boot only supports mirrors
and not raidz.

Cheers,

Glenn