> And you determined this how? Can you show any dtrace output, or similar?

Determined by stopping one zone and testing connectivity from global+remaining
zone. Starting zone again and repeat.

> I think you might be confusing simpler with familiar.

I tnking your'e making an assumption without having enough facts. If I were to
go familiar, I'd install Solaris, HPUX, AIX or Linux. Not FreeBSD.

Simpler simply refers to "where I don't have to jump through umpteen hoops
wasting time on something that should work flawlessly on first try".
(Open)Solaris has never held the pride of third-party hardware support. Ever.
That it's getting better is nice. I just happen to have better things to do
with my time than chase ghosts that weren't there in the first place.

FreeBSD does however offer ZFS, which is what I crave most. Albeit not the
latest fanciest dedup version, but still fairly recent. If it works, good. Less
time wasted.

> Best of luck.

Thanks, but given my luck lately, I think that's best left out of the equation
:)