I am wondering ... SchilliX is being built, using the same procedures and
source as opensolaris, right?  What differences are there / will there be,
between opensolaris and schillix?  I am speaking technical differences.
Obviously there will also be cultural differences, and that's not the
question for now.

Is it intended to be a separate OS, which maybe branches off from
opensolaris?  Has its own source development which is separate from osol?

Or is it intended to just fill the void where oracle isn't building osol
ISO's anymore?  So schillix becomes the "developer build" of opensolaris?

I know in the case of Centos vs RHEL, they build redhat sources using redhat
scripts, but there is a little bit of redhat proprietary code that isn't
open source (and can't be built into centos) ... so there are a few
situations where centos needs to substitute some open-source alternative to
something that's normally included in RHEL.  Also there are some
trademarked/copyrighted materials including the redhat logo etc, which are
not permissible to redistribute.  So ... As close as centos might be to
"just like rhel" there are still some technical differences.  Those
differences form pros & cons both, in different situations.

Thanks...