> From: opensolaris-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:opensolaris-
> discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Paul Kölle
>
> Yes. There simply is no market for desktop unix (not counting OSX).

This may be OT, but I don't quite agree.  The three desktop OSes that I
recommend and support for my users are Windows, OSX, and Ubuntu.  All three
are able to install onto a laptop and join a domain, and able to roam in &
out of our local network, going to coffee shops and correctly behaving and
caching credentials, sleeping & waking up, hibernating when battery low,
connecting and disconnecting to wifi networks, and so forth.  And have
decent "flashy" graphics capabilities for task switching, ala aero, compiz,
and aqua.  (Exposee, spaces, etc.)