Jari Niskala wrote:

So the main question I was hoping to get answered before I spend more time trying to make it work is whether it is even possible to have FIPS enabled OpenSSL on the WinCE platform? In the FIPS 1.1.1 documentation it mentions that Windows CE is not a supported platform but doesn’t mention a reason.

Well, Andy Polyakov is the expert on that topic and the source of that assertion in the User Guide, but as I recall the issue is that WinCE requires cross-compilation.

The "fipsld" step of generating the in-core digest is dependent on the ability to execute the binary in the target environment, and hence is generally not possible when cross compiling.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
Open Source Software Institute