Dear all:
I want to realize aes, so I trace enc_main in enc.c.
But I find there are a lot call back functions such that I spend more
time on tracing these call back functions than understanding aes
algorithm.

I have studied the aes flow chart on the wiki,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard
But I cannot find out where the connection between the password I
input with the aes.

suppose I type:
openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -salt -in test.txt -out test.enc
enter aes-256-cbc encryption password: 123456
Verifying - enter aes-256-cbc encryption password:123456

How do we deal with "123456" before calling AES_cbc_encrypt?
Is "123456" a part of key?
appreciate your help in advance,
miloody