Hello everyone.

Got a problem: we want to use same physical interface for external networks and virtual (tenant) networks. All inside vlans with different ranges.

My expected config was:

[ml2]
type_drivers = vlan
tenant_network_types = vlan
[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges = external:1:100,local:1000:4000
[ovs]
bridge_mappings = external:br-ex,local:br-ex

But it does not work:

ERROR neutron.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent [-] Parsing bridge_mappings failed: Value br-ex in mapping: 'gp:br-ex' not unique. Agent terminated!

I understand that I can cheat and manually configure bridge pile (br-ex and br-loc both plugged to br-real, which linked to physical interface), but it looks very fragile.

Is any nicer way to do this? And why ml2 (ovs plugin?) does not allow to use mapping from many networks to one bridge?