On 05/07/2015 06:17 PM, gustavo panizzo (gfa) wrote:

On 2015-05-07 22:32, George Shuklin wrote:
Hello everyone.

Got a problem: we want to use same physical interface for external
networks and virtual (tenant) networks. All inside vlans with different
ranges.

My expected config was:

[ml2]
type_drivers = vlan
tenant_network_types = vlan
[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges = external:1:100,local:1000:4000
[ovs]
bridge_mappings = external:br-ex,local:br-ex
that's wrong

you need something like

[ml2]
type_drivers = vlan
tenant_network_types = vlan
[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges = blabla:1:100
[ovs]
bridge_mappings = blabla:br-ex

neutron  net-create flat-network --provider:network-type flat
--provider:physical_network blabla

neutron  net-create vlanN --provider:network-type vlan
--provider:physical_network blabla --provider:segmentation_id N

neutron  net-create vlanN+nn --provider:network-type vlan
--provider:physical_network blabla --provider:segmentation_id N+nn

on each physical interface you can put one flat and up to 4096(?) vlans
but you can't define the same bridge_mapping twice

Thanks.

I wanted to put tenant networks and external networks on the same network, but than I realised that there is no way to say neutron to avoid specific vlan_id's once you set up tenant_network_types=vlan and add vlan_id to the list of available for neutron.

It working fine until you allocating networks by yourself (as admin) but will allocate random segment/id for tenant (because tenant usually do not specify physical network) on request.

Sad. I'll stick to vlan for external and shared networks and put private networks back to the GRE.