'vhd' isn't a container type.  It's a disk format.  See
http://glance.openstack.org/formats.html

I referred to MIME, because the container format and disk image specify the
nature of the data being stored and served by Glance.  Were this information
transferred over http, a casual observer familiar with RESTful communications
would expect the data to be accompanied with a descriptive MIME type.
Therefore, I asked whether these fields should be switched for a single
Content-Type field.

To answer the question, it's unclear to me by what mechanism Glance exposes
itself to Nova.  Even if it was by http, content type fields seem quite broad
and not amenable to fast evolution or a hierarchical description.  Therefore,
to my limited knowledge I think the answer would be no.