Hi All,

I'm deploying OpenStack Havana for provisioning VMs using EXSi as hypervisor. VMWare driver is able to swap instances from vmdk disks and everything works fine.

Now what I want to do is to use OVA/OVF templates exported from ESXi in order to easily create my own custom
images and be able to provision them in a reasonable amount of time.

So what is the right way to upload OVA/OVF images using glance?

The OVA file upload goes correctly on glance, but when I deploy the VM it comes up without OS(using
vSphere console all I get is "Operating System not Found".)

Does Havana supports ESXi OVA/OVF templates upload on glance? Or Icehouse will support this feature?

Does anyone have any idea? Pointers in the right direction are welcome.

Regards,
Rajshree