Glenn Holmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I got the RC1 ISOs and the BiArch Add-on ISO, then used rug to add
> factory as a service, so now I can see where to get Postgres, Tomcat,
> and all the other goodies I need.
>
> What will be the proper way to do this when the final release is out?  I
> understand factory to be bleeding-edge releases that are in a constant
> state of flux; suppose you download SUSE a few months after release and
> want to add those packages?  Is there a place where they will be
> available as they were at release time?

Once The final release is out, I'll basically do on the server:

cp -a factory SL-10.1

Note: We will master RC2 and later RCs from the 10.1 tree which until
final release will contain exact the same sources - but build
separatly...  Therefore it's not a cp - but we will make a tree with
all those RPMs.

> Don't get me wrong, I'll be buying the commercial release as I have
> every time since 5.3, but I'm sure the question will come up in our
> local users group.

;-)

Andreas
--