Well.... I'm still learning, so I want to keep you informed and rephrase some
of my questions ;-)

> 1) Online Update: I see the orange exclamation mark in the tray, but when I
> tell the system to update I get an error message ...
OK, I learned that this is a known issue. So I can live with it for a couple
of days...
Just: Will it be possible to just load a new package and solve the issue?
Patching wont work due to faulty online update... So: Do I have to reinstall
everything???

> 2) Automount: CDs and USB-storage are not automounted any more. ...
OK, seems that from the default setup it sort of works within KDE. As this is
99.9% of what I do: Good.
Just:
My sound card is a SoundBlasterLive 24bit (ALSA driver ca0106). I have the
analogue audio cable installed, but the driver does not let me switch it on.
So I have to use digital data extraction via IDE cable. The only application
that can do this (from what I know) is XMMS CD. So I put an Audio-CD in the
drive and when KDE asked for the desired option I chose "configure" and added
a new handler. The command I entered was copied from the KDE-Menue and reads:
"xmms /media/xmms_audio_cd". But when I confirm this and want XMMS to start,
a dialogue opens that seems to try and rip the CD instead. Does anybody use
XMMS CD to listen to Audio-CDs and can tell me, how it was set up?

> 3) Packman: I am trying to load xine, mp3 and some other stuff from
> Packman. When I add a suse/10.1-Directory of any packman mirror to the
> installation sources (tried tu-ilmenau, uni-erlangen and packman.tu-bremen)
> I get some packages, but KDE-MP3-Support ... are missing....

Well, I understood, that new packages will still come up in the next days.
Fine with me.

Bottom line:
Allmost everything is in place (or will be in the near future) so I am happy!
I'd be glad, if somebody has sort of an answer to the remeining issues.

Kind regards and have a good weekend,
Martin Soltau