I'd like to give a warm welcome to Alexandre as Brasilian Ambassador!

I'm appending as introduction his interview,
Andreas

 * What have you done already for openSUSE?
 In my state (Bahia/Brazil) i have a big case of implantation Opensuse. In 2
years are installed 1400 desktops. These desktops are migrated from Windows
(in varios versions like 95, 98 and XP). In sequence, I instruct many
employees how to use this distribution in many cities of this state, including
Salvador, Jequié, Alagoinhas and Vitória da Conquista.

 * What are your plans for promoting openSUSE?
Distribution of medias, presentation in Foruns and other events and
participation in FLISOL (Festival Latinoamericano de Instalação de Software
Livre - Latinamerica festival of Free Software Installation). In this events,
installations are realized in desktops from people with interest in use of
linux.

 * Are you ready to start promoting openSUSE
 Yes, a have participate from other events, but not in legal representation. I
observe that Opensuse is a great distribution, with advantages and
disadvantages in comparison with other distributions, like ubuntu and fedora,
but, in general, Opensuse have very many features. However, I expect migrate
windows users to linux, because I believe that is more easy convert other
linux users to Opensuse only showing advantages from our desktop.

 * What do you think is the best kept secret of openSUSE?
 The powerfull and stability. Desktops must be easy and have more
funcionalities without forget the stability, confiability and speed. Opensuse
is only linux desktop that have all of this features.

 * Why do you love to do this
 I believe in free software and in a near future proprietary software will be
extinct. I want make part from this history.

 * How did you start with with Linux/openSUSE? What is your level of
 experienc.
I am a Infrastrutucre Support Analist. I have 10 years from experience with
Linux like a System Administrator

 * The ambassador program is currently pretty informal and we expect the
 ambassadors to organize themselves. So, please coordinate with other
 ambassadors on the opensuse-marketing mailing list.
 All right. No problem

 * Also, as an ambassador, you're the expert on your country/region, so please
 share on the opensuse-marketing mailing list a bit about the
 openSUSE and the FOSS community in your country/region, e.g. what are their
 needs.
 My region have some people working with FOSS, and like I said, Opensuse is
the best linux distribution, however, many other peoples dont know. I want
contribute to disseminate this distribution. The more needs is materials to
publish Opensuse distribution and support to make events. A wiki with
documentation in my main language (pt-br) is very important too

--
 Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE,  a...@{novell.com,opensuse.org}
    Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany