On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 14:01 +0200, Bryen Yunashko wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 17:34 -0400, Chuck Payne wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Rémy Marquis <remy.marq...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > What do you intend to do differently from the official PDF doc?
> > > Maybe there is an opportunity to build something on the Lesson for
> > > Lizards foundation here?
> > >
> > > See http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Documentation and
> > > http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Lessons_for_Lizards
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > R.
> > > --
> > >

> > I think it would be great to do the how-to's, maybe some
> > tips-n-tricks. This would be helpful for all users. Maybe make it like
> > one of those Bible OS books that get publish.
> >
> > --
> > Discover it! Enjoy it! Share it! openSUSE Linux.
> > openSUSE -- en.opensuse.org/User:Terrorpup
> > openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
> > skype,twiiter,identica,friendfeed -- terrorpup
> > freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
> >
> > Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
> > to package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE
> > Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
>

> I'd like to recommend that we also consider making this available on
> ebooks such as Kindle or Nook.  I recently got my Kindle and I'm really
> enjoying the ability to quickly get my books and have it ready at all
> times.
>
> It will also make for turning the Kindle into a nice reference tool for
> users that can easily carry around the Kindle than a book and even make
> their own notations into the book when they're going around giving
> support, etc.
>
> We can offer it as a free book or charge a small publishing fee through
> Amazon and funnel a few bucks into the future openSUSE Foundation.
>
> The potential opportunities abound here!
>
> Bryen

P.S.  When I say Kindle or Nook, I mean in their book formats, not
sending to it as a PDF.  For two reasons  1) PDF documents incur a
charge to the user and 2) PDF formatting on Kindle REAAAAAALLLY sucks
and is not very accessible for low-vison users.   So we would do a
disservice not publishing in native format that allows all users to be
able to read it.