On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:40:44 +0200 Will Stephenson wrote:

Hi,

> On Thursday 30 September 2010 13:00:02 Frank Sundermeyer wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 00:56:25 +0200 Javier Llorente wrote:
> >
> > Hi,

> > > Yepp. Some topics aren't covered in the official docs.
> > > Nevertheless, it could be reused.
> >
> > I would prefer to improve and extend the existing documentation
> > rather than to fork it...
>
> Frank, I'm glad to see you on this thread.  I doubt the current
> activity on Piratepad comes from a desire to fork, but instead out of
> ignorance how to contribute.

please everyone interested in contributing to the existing openSUSE
documentation or to Lessons for Lizards (cookbook) come to the
opensuse-doc mailinglist to discuss details!

> Perhaps you could find the links to how to contribute to the existing
> documentation and explain how our in-house docu system allows
> publishing in multiple formats?  Elsewhere in the thread people
> suggested making proper ebook reader formats.

Well, up to now there hasn't been a need to open our documents to
contribution, because simply no one has asked for it. But as I pointed
out in another post, everything has already been set up on Berlios, so
we can make our sources available in short time.

As for the "how", it is basically (the instructions are 3 years old) the
same that applied to the Lessons for Lizards project.

http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Lessons_for_Lizards

See the "Getting help" section for details.

As a quick start, if ppl are interested, we could revive the LfL project
on Berlios. Could be ready some time next week.

Lately we have been working on an automatic Book Building software with
a virtual web based library called openSUSE Book Builder. That would
come in handy when having a community book project ;-). Everyone
interested please come to our talk at the conference:
http://conference.opensuse.org/indico//contributionDisplay.py?contribId=71&confId=0

--
Regards
        Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)