Very nice article about this interesting topic.

Does anyone of us know if is possible to schedule our tweets to be
retwitee in according with different time zones?

IMO this could be a very powerful resource but needs a more strategic
plan to use it and get better results from that, nothing to complex to
be discussed , but a quickly strategic plan easily to be implemented
with the resources that we already have.

Maybe after some mails about this topic we can find a good and smart
way to use our ambassadors program to make these social networking tools
more helpful and effectively inside openSUSE project.

Some bullets bellow:
* create a workflow for using twiteer, identica, ...
* different workflows for announcements, events, devel, end-users,
power-users, marketing...
* as we have ambassadors enough to cover most part of the world, they
can be very useful and helpful if they are direct involved with this
issue.

Example:
I'm a ambassador in brazil that likes to help with ambassadors program
and because this sometimes I tweet some articles, news, ... about
ambassadors program. but remember that article?, only near than nothing
is viewed and keep in others birds mind after one hour from my tweeted
time. Then now I have two choices, first keep losing me time (twitting
vary late or very early but never during normal working hours - remember
that like many others I have others activities and business during my
normal workhours), but my second is  to use our (future) social
networking workflow program to help all ambassadors to receive and
spread that message more than once for week respecting different time
zones and targets.

summary:
- better understand social networking usage
- create a strategic program for it
- one etherpad could be good too
- easy and quickly workflow
- better usage of our ambassadors program to meet strategic needs using
social networking tools.

<201010131334.18262...@novell.com>,
Andreas Jaeger <a...@novell.com> gravou:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/10/12/wired.tweets.ignored/in

> > dex.html?hpt=T2
> >
> > Of particular interest is the part where they talk about any tweets
past
> > one hour largely go unnoticed.  THis is an important point for us
> > consider as we tweet and talk about events in openSUSE.   I've
always
> > said in the past its not a good idea for everyone to tweet all at
once.
> > Its better to spread out your tweets and try to target specific
> > timezones when you know your followers are most likely to see what
you
> > have posted.
> >
> > This is known as attention-deficit marketing and its a very real
and
> > ever-increasing phenomenon in marketing where if you don't have a
> > person's attention at the exact moment that you are conveying your

> > message, you can pretty much say goodbye to your time and effort on
that
> > moment.
> >
> > Tweeting remains an important tool for us, but it becomes ever more

> > clearer that we need strategic and plentiful tweets.
>
> Good comments, could you put this up on the wiki as reference.
Should IMO