On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 17:06 -0300, Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
> Very nice article about this interesting topic.
>
> Does anyone of us know if is possible to schedule our tweets to be
> retwitee in according with different time zones?

You're mentioning a retweet, but I think you mean more of a repost.  I'm
not saying whether we want to do it this way or not, but if we did, it
should be fairly easy to script a repost as it would just use the
twitter api's to connect.   Tweets can easily be transmitted via command
line, not just via a GUI client.    So the answer to your clarified
question is yes, its possible.  But we just have to decide if that's
what we want to do and if so, how do we want to implement it?

> IMO this could be a very powerful resource but needs a more strategic
> plan to use it and get better results from that, nothing to complex to
> be discussed , but a quickly strategic plan easily to be implemented
> with the resources that we already have.

I propose we have a good brainstorming session.  This is a topic of
interest to many people and having a good boisterous conversation will
do us all good and refresh many of us on the changing faces of social
media.   No doubt, the rules we learn in social media 6 months ago
become obsolete in current times, and the same will happen 6 months from
now.

Tackling this with a good workflow and identification of a long term
strategy for strenghtening our online presence is something we
definitely need to give attention to in marketing and I say let's go
ahead and figure out when to do this.

Preferably we talk about this after openSUSE Conference.  Or even after
LatinoWare when so many of our ambassadors will be AWOL until mid
November.