Hey Jimmy,

On 11/23/2010 10:17 PM, Jimmy Pierre wrote:

> I am a bit busy because we are having our Software Freedom Day next
> Saturday.

Cool, who is we? :)

> Questions to be asked:
>
> 1. How do the other distros get funded?

Ask them. I'm sure they will explain to you how "funding" works for them.

> 2. Use of openSUSE/SUSE on websites, documents etc. Trademarks, rights to
> use images, logos etc.

We have trademark guidelines for the openSUSE trademark written down in
our wiki.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Trademark_guidelines

If you have questions about those don't hesitate to ask the openSUSE
Board who is managing the trademark.

> 3. Support from local Attachmate people?

You have to ask them.

> 4. Does Attachmate have a community Manager?

They don't have a community, so I expect that they don't have a
community manager but I don't know...

> I could not find one, so I phoned Seattle yesterday evening. I was
> handed to Liz an outsourced PR company.

...you see ;)

> 5. What do we tell our members? Does that involve a change of Memorandum and
> Articles of Association, hence bank account, letterheads, business cards,
> websites et al?

As the openSUSE Project has no Memorandum or Articles of Association, no
bank account, no letterheads and no business cards and all websites of
the openSUSE Project are at *opensuse.org those certainly won't change :)

> 6. open office is heavily funded by Novell, does that mean that we might
> less developers? Other developments in progress?

How can the openSUSE Project know about the intention of Novell in
regards to LibreOffice? Again, you have to ask them.

> 7. Helen is right, what about our pals at Novell?

What about them?

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.