Greetings,

Here we go:

Software freedom Day
Event Date : 16th October, 2010.
Event Sponsors : NUI.fr openSUSE Ambassadors : Jimmy Pierre Helpers : Laurence
Seigneury, Johnny Castel, Jr.
Event Details
 Tell us about the event, What did you do? : Demonstration of installation of
openSUSE 11.3, open office, chess & games, yast, ssh, WordPress, repositories,
wi-fi etc.
 How many DVDs taken and distributed? : 100 and distributed 52  How many people
were there at the event ? 27 (France was on strike, no petrol, no trains,
busses, tramways, flights (http://www.emorywheel.com/detail.php?n=29085 ) even
against all odds, we were present as scheduled.
 How did you promote the Event?
Facebook : No
Twitter : No
Others : Usual channels (forums, rss feeds to web sites and our four domain
names nui.fr jmll.fr jmll.org, jmll.info , no radio, no newspapers as they had
other bones to gnaw)  Any Interesting Story you will like to share with us? :
Yes, two people drove 87 kms to come to see us and I learnt later that they
heard about us on the radio for the last event 1.e 18th September and kept
track of what we were doing. A young man took a dvd for her grandma Myrtha,
aged 81. We had a sort of Jam session (not food related, but IT) with chess
players who needed Internet for a party. So openSUSE was there for their party.
 Did you have a booth? : NUI was the only LUG present.
 Who staffed the booth? All of the above.
 Would you go again? Yes, 27th November and 1_th Decembre next.
What more can you do to make it better? Swap our 16 or so boxes into laptops
because it takes too much time to setup the room.  Get hold of goodies.
 Other Comments like Will you blog about the event - and where? Who staffed the
booth? Did you have a talk? Which topic? Would you organize again?
We were too eager to go back home.

Software freedom Day
Event Date : 27th november 2010 Event Sponsors : NUI.fr openSUSE Ambassadors :
Jimmy Pierre Helpers : Laurence Seigneury, Nathalie A.
Event Details
 Tell us about the event, What did you do? : openSUSE 11.3, libre office, chess
& games, yast, WordPress, wi-fi, smeegol etc.
 How many DVDs taken and distributed? : 100 and distributed 37  How many people
were there at the event ? 27 (The thermometer showed 3°C and we nevertheless
did not cancel the event).
 How did you promote the Event?
Facebook : No
Twitter : No
Others : Usual channels (forums, rss feeds to web sites and our four domain
names nui.fr jmll.fr jmll.org, jmll.info, no radio, no newspapers this time)
Any Interesting Story you will like to share with us? : Yes, a bunch of
students and their teacher popped in and started to touch everything. I
distributed some dvds of openSUSE and convinced them to play at home ☺ We
fighted with smeegol for a lady who wanted to sync her iPhone, this is another
story. We had a young man who has a lot of IT problems and he did monopolized
some of us to sort his laptop. Thanks God, it was a Dell, so no esoteric
material to configure.
 Did you have a booth? : NUI was the only LUG present.
 Who staffed the booth? All of the above.
 Would you go again? Yes, 27th November and 18th December  What more can you do
to make it better? Priority for 2011 : Swap our 16 or so boxes into laptops
because it takes too much time to setup the room.  Get hold of goodies.
 Other Comments like Will you blog about the event - and where? Who staffed the
booth? Did you have a talk? Which topic? Would you organize again?
We were too busy with social problems to do that.

As you can see, we had a lot of fun.

Jimmy
President
nui.fr