Hello

an other idea :-)

I know we have an Hadware compatibility list. Could we improve that
with an "openSUSE certified" list?

It could be pretty easy. Some vendors have computers line quite stable
(I use an HP desktop). I would be just the matter of asking the
testers to find some common hardware amoung us and devote some
debugging activity just on this hardware, to have it 100% openSUSE
compatible - simple with an identified test base.

then we could make this model visible on the wiki as a "don't worry"
option.

Some sort of "please, devs, say what you use, I want the same"

of course, I see this as a marketting object, that could be discussed
with the devs, not a technical goal... we could use this computer to
promote openSUSE

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net