On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 22:11 +0100, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> On 2011-01-04 08:35:02 (-0500), Ricardo Chung <ricardo.a.ch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 08:47 -0300, Ricardo Varas Santana wrote:
> > > Maybe another good idea would be to include, one week before release,
> > > short marketing lines referencing the project, like "get it", "build
> > > it", "create it", "share it", "the grass is greener", or something
> > > like that.
> > Oh, yes, Ricardo Varas, I would love to add those words or similar short
> > marketing lines time to time over each counter phase ( monthly, weekly,
> > days, hours )
> >
> > Just the concept or something like this,
> > Two months before: "Close It"
> > One month before: "Discover It"
> > Four weeks before: "Share It"
> > Three weeks before: "Greener"
> > Two weeks before:  "Live It"
> > One week before: "Build It"
> > Days before: "Get It
> > Release day: "openSUSE 11.4 is Here for You"
> >
> > What do you think, it would be too much overhead ? Maybe less words but
> > the concept is a perceptual hook (small bait to keep people alert for
> > what is coming up). Three action verbs afterward an attribute. Then
> > three action verbs and the product.
>
> Can be done as well, but then I'd need to have the translations
> of all that in ~20 languages ;))
> (or we do it only in English, but that would be sad)
>
> cheers

Let's wait for two more days for other people comments about these ideas
in different languages. Maybe someone can give us a lead over these
issues without that much overhead but very effective campaign.

I can translate it to Spanish but know not much about subtle
interpretations in other 18 languages. And it needs keeping short and
triggering phrases.

Cheers,

--
Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux Ambassador
Panama