On 02/14/2011 04:16 PM, Ricardo Chung wrote:
> On Lunes, 14 de Febrero de 2011 09:34:06 Bruno Friedmann escribió:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a quick note about our project of virtual launch party on SecondLife.
>> (cf http://lizards.opensuse.org/?p=6561)
>>
>> After working hard the last 2 months, the place is ready. So time to test
>>  it before the official openSUSE 11.4 virtual launch party.
>>
>> So yesterday was our RC1 party, and everything has been a success !
>> We've seen more than 50 attendees ( twice what was expected ) and during 2
>>  hours and a half, we enjoyed dedicated place for fun, discussions (not so
>>  easy to have a global chat in 3 languages : english, french and greek).
>>
>> The full dedicated post is here : http://lizards.opensuse.org/?p=6638
>>
>> Did you miss that one, don't be afraid, we are organizing some other party
>>  before the 10th March. Time to grab your avatar ready, and join the geekos
>>  group.
>>
>> Each avatar coming win a free openSUSE promotional t-shirt !
>> All sizes and gender in stock :-)
>>

> Well, I missed this party. I was wondering how fascinating it would be. I
> have
> never been in a virtual world like that. And I don't even know how to start
> but let me astonished how far the frontiers are going on.
>
> I don't know if it is possible to get that party and make a promo video to
> show in a physical booth for openSUSE party releases all around the world and
> increasing the oS marketing impact. AFAIK I  never did watch something like
> this before (Second Life release party). It's just an idea, no obligation at
> all.
>
> Best,

Hi Ricardo, amazing it is, fun too :-)

So one of your question, that should be answered is : how can I go there &
participate ?
Did you think that a quick howto published in lizard (don't ask me on wiki nor
forums :-)) would help you ?

I've try to snapshot it with recordMydesktop actually, but have some trouble
with the frame rate, too slow, or too speedy.
I must also resolve how to catch the sound, with a recordmydesktop build which
didn't have jack support :-(

It's one of my objective to be able to make good video snapshot, that how it
can be the most funny to show it.

Notice : The second objective (but don't tell them yet :-) is to proof that you
can play with an openSUSE workstation

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch